Natural Cures for Acne Scars
If the thought of knives, lasers and needles makes you woozy, there are many ways to treat acne scars that don’t involve surgery or injections. As with any treatment, what works for one person may not work for another. Only you can decide if the treatment you’re using is improving your acne scars.
Here are some of the more popular natural treatments available today:
- Topical creams — You can get both over-the-counter and prescription-strength creams that will stimulate new skin cell growth to reduce the appearance of scars. These creams often contain alpha hydroxy acids or salicylic acids, and some contain corticosteroids or antihistamines to help reduce inflammation and itching.
- Massage and pressure bandages — Hypertrophic scars, or scars that have raised tissue, can be treated through the use of massage or pressure bandages to smooth out the build-up of scar tissue. This method often needs to be repeated for several months before results are visible.
- Tea tree oil — Gels that contain tea tree oil have been known to heal the skin and make it smoother, but this treatment may cause allergic reactions in people with sensitive skin.
- Vinegar — Vinegar acts like a mild chemical peel to remove the top layer of skin, and it promotes a turnover of old skin cells, which are replaced with new cells.
- Lemon or lime juice — Applying lemon or lime juice to acne scars will help lighten the color of the scars so they’re less noticeable.
If natural methods don’t give you the results you’re looking for, it may be time to move on to more aggressive treatment options. Nowadays -lasers are the best. Keep reading to learn about procedures your skin care proveder can perform to reduce the appearance of your acne scars.
Sorry, but the best treatment which actually works – Fractional Skin Resurfacing (Profractional Treatment by Sciton or Fraxel).